San Francisco Art Institute San
• Majored in painting in B.F.A. program, 1965-1969.
Antioch University Yellow Springs, OH
• B.A., Theatre and Communications, 1978-79.
Brandeis University Waltham, MA
• M.F.A., Playwriting, 1982-84.
Wilmington College – Harcum Gallery
• Solo exhibition, Anguished Art–Outcries for Peace: The
human cost of war, October 2005. Featured speaker at
Westheimer Peace Symposium
The War Within, the War Without. October
Franklin and Marshall College - Phillips Museum Lancaster,
• Solo exhibition, Anguished Art—Outcries for Peace: The
human cost of war, October 2004.
Pagus Gallery, Norristown PA.
• Solo retrospective of 63 works, Ancient Shadows/Modern Light,
Cornell University - Willard Straight Art Gallery Ithaca,
• Solo exhibition, Silent Masks, Inner Voices, October
Widener University Fine Art Collection and Gallery Chester,
• Solo exhibition, Whispering Walls: Excavations Through Time,
Cabrini College Fine Arts Gallery Radnor, PA
• Solo exhibition, The Open Path, November 1996.
University of Pennsylvania - Houston Hall Gallery Philadelphia,
• Solo exhibition, Compositions and Contemplations, June
Antioch University - Herndon Gallery Yellow Springs,
• Solo retrospective of 60 paintings, The Mythical Journey:
Interior and Exterior Landscapes, January 1996.
Episcopal Academy - Merion, PA
• Solo exhibition, Faces of Wonder, September, 1995.
• Solo exhibition, The Mythical Journey: Interior and Exterior
Landscapes, October 1994.
• Tyme Gallery, Havertown PA. Currently exhibiting
Luminous lighted wall sculpture. Two-person exhibition, Looking
Out, Looking In, November 2003
• Stag Art, New York, NY. Living with Art:
Lighted art and sculptures, February 2003.
• Marbleous Gallery, Madrid, NM. Power Fetish
• Jack of all Arts Gallery, Madrid, NM. Double-faced
• Vibert’s Gallery, Sullivan, ME. Maine landscapes,
paintings, and prints, June-August 1995.
• Four Directions Gallery, Yellow Springs, OH.
Pictographs, western landscapes, 1994-5.
EXHIBITIONS—Solo and Group
• Unitarian Church Gallery,
Devon, PA. Group show. Exhibited War and Collateral Damage pieces.
Winner of Lower Merion Art Center Award, October 2002.
Solo exhibition, The Human Fable, October 2001.
• ARTmobile, Impact Africa, Bucks County
Community College, Newtown, PA Traveling exhibition.
Invited to show pieces showing impact of African art. Fall 2000 to Summer
• St. Christopher’s Church, Gladwyne, PA.
Invited for group show, October 2000.
• Penn Wynne Library, Penn Wynne, PA. Solo exhibition,
December 1999 to February 2000.
• Haverford College - Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery,
Haverford, PA. Selected for Holiday Show, 1999, 1996.
• Delaware County Community College, Media, PA.
Selected for group show, December 1999.
• PNC Bank, Narberth, PA. Solo exhibition, February
• Borders Books and Music, Rosemont, PA. Solo exhibition,
• Rosemont Plaza, Rosemont, PA. Landscapes and
• Meridian Bank, Wynnewood, PA. Solo exhibition.
Landscapes, April 1995.
• The Daylesford Abbey Art Show, Paoli, PA. Invitation
show, April 1995.
• The Chilton Company Art Show, Radnor, PA. Group
show, March 1995-96.
• St. Christopher's Church, Gladwyne, PA. Solo
exhibition, January 1995.
• Cafe Paradiso, Ardmore, PA. Solo exhibition,
• Rockaway Arts Festival, Rockaway Beach, NY. Juried
show, September 1994.
• Lititz Fine Arts Show, Lititz, PA. Won fourth
place prize in mixed-media art for Madonna of the Canyon, July
• Winchester House Gallery, Fourth Annual Winchester
House Fine Arts Show, Longport, NJ. Abstract seascapes, July-September
• Newport Art Festival, Newport, RI. Juried show,
• Rittenhouse Square Fine Arts Annual Juried Show,
Philadelphia, PA. Watercolors, mixed-media, acrylics, landscapes, June
•The Plastic Club, Philadelphia, PA. Juried show,
works on paper, January 1994.
CREATION OF ART EVENTS
Wilminton College - Symposium: Wilmington,
• Created and performed movie with live narration, Who's Telling
our Story? for Westheimer Peace Symposium.
Franklin and Marshall College - Symposium: Lancaster, PA
• Worked with Amnesty International students, faculty and guest
speakers on The Human Cost of War, October 2004.
Unitarian Church Devon, PA
• Created and presented slide performance featuring poetry and my
original art pieces, Who’s Telling Our Story? October 2001.
Cabrini College Radnor, PA
• Assembled afternoon reception featuring Sufi Choir, poetry, and
storytelling, in conjunction with my art exhibit, November 1996.
Antioch University Yellow Springs, OH
• Created performance piece, Mythical Winds, collaborating
with three poets, a pianist, and a giant puppet playing a cello. Evening
also included readings by two faculty members, a poet, and a performance
artist, for opening of my retrospective exhibit, January 1996.
Episcopal Academy Merion, PA
• Initiated inter-generational poetry evening, featuring three established
poets from the Philadelphia area and young poets from Episcopal Academy.
Poets and poems were chosen to respond directly to my artwork on display,
Cafe Paradiso Ardmore, PA
• Assembled evening inter-generational cabaret, featuring an established
poet, a songwriter, Asian music, and teenage musicians, responding to
my artwork on display, November, 1994.
OPEN PATH THEATRE
• Co-founded performance art company to create
and perform experimental theatre pieces. Using masks, puppets, movement,
music, and speech, original pieces to explore mythic and spiritual themes,
1997 to present.
Pagus Gallery, Norristown, PA
• Created and performed The Cello Man’s Dream, using
giant puppet, musician, and singer, in conjunction with my art exhibit,
Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Philadelphia, PA
• Performed an original poetic performance piece, The Sweeper,
using masks, movement, and music, September 1999.
Maryland Arts Place, Baltimore, MD
• Performed The Sweeper in arts cabaret setting, November
Widener University, Chester, PA
• Performed The Sweeper in conjunction with my art exhibit,
Delaware Community College
• Taught Dramatic History, Improvisation and Acting,
Friends Select School Philadelphia, PA
• Taught improvisation and giant puppet construction in summer program,
Antioch University - Theatre Department Yellow Springs,
• Instructed undergraduates in mask design and sculpture, 1979.
Golden River Puppets Theatre Company - Founder, 1972-1980.
• Created puppets of various styles, and scenery and stages. Performed
in schools, theatres, and on television to audiences of adults
Taught puppet-making workshops.
• Initiated and conducted eight-week research tour of Asian and
European puppet theatre in ten countries.
• Selected for performances at the 1976 U.S. Bicentennial Festival
at Philadelphia’s Independence Hall.
WKEF-TV Dayton, OH
• Researched enlightening themes, scripted, and performed puppets
segments for weekly children’s program, 1980.
Wright State University Dayton, OH
• Commissioned to write and direct play for university theatre company
tour to 10,000 elementary school students in southwestern Ohio, 1980.
• Led script research and created teacher guides and materials.
Antioch University Theatre Yellow Springs, OH
• Commissioned to create 63 three-foot tall Bunraku-style puppets
for production of Brecht’s Caucasian Chalk Circle.
puppet technique for thirty-member company, 1973.
• Performed major roles in musical dramas as well as mime and dance
• Commissioned to write and direct Arms, musical satire
of war. Directed forty-member company, 1979.
• Commissioned to create giant sixteen-foot puppets and face-cast
masks for Arms, 1979.
• Created scenery installation: sculptured fountain mask for production
of Listening, 1979.
• My original plays were also produced at Brandeis University, Friends
Select School, and Fellowship Community Theatre in Philadelphia, 1981-1989.
• Undertook design and renovation of several Victorian homes, including
one gutted to create apartments featuring my original ceramic tile and
• Active in networking for issues of peace and equity
• Member Bryn Mawr Peace Coalition
• Canoeing and kayaking, flat and whitewater.
• Hiking, bird watching, camping.